1. The weather has been crazy the last few days. Night before last the wind was blowing so hard it sounded like someone was throwing rocks at our windows all night long. Creepy. The next morning it was surface of the sun hot and by the afternoon I had on my sweat pants to protect against the chill. I don’t get this place.
2. An addendum to this week’s pregnancy post. My hormones are all over the place. I don’t remember being so crazy with the last pregnancy, but I can’t see to keep an even temper. Riaz loves it.
3. These crazy hormones also seem to have resulted in another weird pregnancy symptom – I have developed some kind of panic/claustrophobia disorder. If Riaz (or even Aiman for that matter) sit too close to me I get all ooky feeling and my skin starts to crawl. Riaz loves that one too.
4. Not sure if I mentioned, but I’m pregnant. This means I have to get up multiple times a night to go to the bathroom. I was told when I got here that there are scorpions in Costa Rica. This has led to an irrational fear that some scorpion is going to sting me in the butt in the middle of the night while I am using the facilities. Riaz assured me that I was crazy because scorpions like warm, dry spots, not bathrooms.
5. Last night I took Aiman into the guest bathroom for his nightly bath. There, on the floor, right next to the toilet, was a scorpion. A live, crawling around, totally freaky-looking scorpion.
6. I may never pee again.